At Merrell We believe that nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. So put down that game controller, put your phone on the charger for a minute, and check your excuses at the door. There’s a whole world you can leave your mark on. Run. Jump. Jog. Trip on a root and skin your knee. Just make sure you do your own thing. Do what’s natural.
• Directs store operation to achieve sales and expense goals. Manages profitable store.
• Partners with District Manager to analyze business and then recommend and implement changes to drive business. Shares this analysis with other Store Managers.
• Hires, trains, evaluates, and schedules store employees. Controls payroll based on business results.
• Networks to develop a pipeline of talent for future open store positions.
• Trains, develops, and coaches team members to consistently achieve or exceed target performance. Develops track record of preparing candidates for internal promotion.
• Writes and delivers annual employee performance appraisals. Holds regular one on one and team meetings with employees.
• Manages employee performance daily. Models appropriate behavior. Provides discipline as necessary. Partners with District Manager on formal disciplinary documentation.
• Creates culture of best place to work in retail. Creates culture of THE place to shop for footwear, apparel, and accessories.
• Leads community involvement program and participates in events. Researches and recommends new local events to participate in.
• Develops relationships with mall office and mall security. Leverages resources provided by the mall. Liaison for mall and corporate offices. Ensures store consistently follows all mall guidelines.
• Communicates facility and maintenance issues timely to corporate office. Partners with Store Development team and IT team for repairs to equipment and facility.
• Directs cash and inventory procedures, including daily cash reconciliation, receiving and ticketing merchandise, price changes, proper accounting and reporting as required.
• Manages customer complaints in accordance with company policy.
• Prepares various required reports concerning store’s operations.
• Maintains adequate stock, performs inventory control activities to keep stock records accurate.
• Coordinates store presentation and maintenance.
• Greets and assists customers in selection of merchandise in accordance with customer service standards.
• Develops positive community relationships consistent with company policies and goals.
• Follow all store policies and procedures.
• Perform duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
• Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• High School diploma or equivalent. Pursuing college degree a plus.
• 2+ years retail sales and supervisory experience.
• Footwear or apparel experience a plus.
• Intermediate computer skills: data entry, Internet navigation, Point-of-Sale system, Microsoft Outlook e-mail, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, run intermediate corporate reporting.
• Visual presentation skills.
• Business acumen. Budget and resource management experience.
• Time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Phone and email etiquette.
• Networking and recruiting skills. Ability to train and develop employees for promotion.
• Cash handling; ability to count change and perform basic mathematical functions such as percentage discount.
• Experience operating a bar code scanner preferred but not required.
• In certain stores, ability to speak more than one language preferred but not required.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS
• Embodies the Wolverine Worldwide culture; enjoys an active lifestyle.
• Brand ambassador; loves to wear, promote, and sell company brands.
• Outgoing, engaging customer focused personality. Comfortable interacting with customers. Conversation starter.
• Results driven behavior.
• Punctual. Regular and consistent attendance.
• Responsible and trustworthy. High level of personal responsibility and integrity.
• Courteous and professional with all customers under all circumstances.
• Flexible work schedule 45 hours per week.
• Availability to work holidays, nights and weekends. Availability to work opening and closing shifts.
• Available on call outside scheduled hours to handle store issues and answer employee questions.
Retail Store Environment- employee is required to stand for entire shift, climb ladders, bend, stoop, and reach to help customers. Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds. Regularly lifts up to 25 pounds. Fast-paced, ever-changing, customer service oriented environment. Will regularly work alone in store.
A Successful Merrell Store Manager Enjoys:
• FREE Shoes!
• Generous merchandise discount
• Flexible schedules
• Health/Welfare benefits
• Unlimited opportunity for growth
• Competitive compensation plan designed to reward top performers
• World Class training and development program
Are you our next Store Manager?
At Merrell our Managers are inspiring leaders who provide World Class service to our Customers and Associates. Our Managers also understand the vital retail business measurements and are in charge of their stores success!
Apply today at: Working at Wolverine Worldwide